directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [mina] Interesting bench mark result: One Queue vs Three Queues
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:20:09 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I ran some benchmark related with MINA thread pool.  I attached the
>code, so you could review it.
>
>MINA thread pool uses three queues to buffer three parameters not
>creating any event object JavaBeans.  I did because it takes longer to
>allocate any extra objects, but here is a new result:
>
>One Queue is 25% faster in sipte of extra object creation.

Hi I ran the test as a black box and here were my results on a Linux
machine running on a vanilla AMD 2600+ with 1 GB mem (333 Mhz).  Here
are the results and more specific info on the test machine.

Results:

[akarasulu@newton target]$ java -classpath '.:mina-0.7-SNAPSHOT.jar' Main
Warming up.
Done.
8613
12940

Machine info ...

[akarasulu@newton target]$ uname -a
Linux newton 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 #1 Thu Apr 7 19:23:49 EDT 2005 i686 athlon
i386 GNU/Linux

[akarasulu@newton target]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2600+
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 2083.203
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
cmov patpse36 mmx fxsr sse pni syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 4128.76

HTH,
Alex