directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Command line java clients
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:41:30 GMT
Chris,

Chris Betts wrote:

> (warning: advertisement )
>
> Have you looked at the JXplorer client?  Open source, java,
> extensible, mature yada yada :-).
>
>    http:jxplorer.org / http:sourceforge.net/projects/jxplorer
>
>    - Chris

Is this the Chris that I spoke to about jxplorer a while?  If remember
correctly you work on it right?  Sorry for forgetting - it's been a while.

Yah JXplorer is great I use it myself.  I was using that LDAPBrowser
thingy and switched a long time back.  The idea behind the clients is
not to replace JXPlorer but for command line stuff or to use it for
testing most of all.  This is what Jeff Machols was trying to get them
up to speed for doing.

> P.S. It's a GUI app though, so if you need a command line app for
> scripting etc. you'll need to go elsewhere...

Yep 100% reason for it.  However it would be nice to have something like
JXPlorer as a subproject of directory so we can package it with the
directory server.

> On 23/04/2005, at 12:41 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> Danilo,

<snip/>