directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [release] Finishing up on 0.9
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:08:11 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 08:21 -0400, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>

>>Any thoughts on what we have left with getting the 0.9 release done?

<snip/>

>>Also as an aside I'm having the feeling that apacheds should really be
>>called "core" for the core JNDI (LDAP namespace) backing store.  Also we
>>might want to separate out the ServerContext factory from the main code
>>which has deps on Kerberos and LDAP protocol providers.
>>
>>Alex
>>

>Here are some ideas :
> * clean docos and site are a must.

+1
Ok so we are still in disarray here eh?

> * +1 for kerberos

+1

> * +1 for apacheds -> core

I may have jumped the gun with this exact name but something has to be
done since all is ApacheDS.  Is this code the core?  I'll just talk
about what I'm thinking and keep the discussion on another existing
thread.

> * +1 for the separation of ServerContext

+1

> * having a root project.xml would be really cool

-0
Yeah might be cool but that presumes people are checking out at the base
of directory.   It also presumes they want to build only the trunk which
is the case 99 percent of the time even though it should not be.   Brett
gave several reasons why this should not be the case.

> * what about using external definitions (svn) in order to ease the
>trunks checkout?

+0
I think Brett was doing something with this already.  He already did one
I beleive.  I don't really understand the value of this - just by way of
ignorance so if someone wants to educate me and anyone else that would
be cool.

> * what about a bin directory in which we can have a apacheds.sh and
>apacheds.bat that start the server?

Yeah I like this idea.  It would be good to have init scripts especially
since ApDS will run as a daemon.

Alex