directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Build broken (Was: Re: Getting There! (Was: Newbie qn de jour: how do I make the jar?))
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:49:16 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 14:37 -0400, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>

>>Looks like you have jdk 1.5 which makes build with this version of
>>aspectj freak out.  Is my guess correct.
>>

>Man, even if you were quite ill those last days, you didn't loose your
>brain ! You guessed well. For some reasons, I switched to jdk1.5 two
>weaks ago (I don't remember why).

<snip/>

I think I found the issue with even 1.4 jdk - must have been a stale jar
in the remote repository.  To many projects, too many separate
initiatives leads to stale jars.  Some do not always rebuild all if a
dep changes.

Regardless of these issues which we *definately* must confront let's
give the build another try.  Make sure you are not building with the
offline option to pull down newly updated jars.

Good luck,
Alex