directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Getting There! (Was: Newbie qn de jour: how do I make the jar?)
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:33:14 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

>Hi !
>
>I think that the pb is not apspectj, but there is an implicit order that
>you must follow when compiling the project.

Yeah E this used to be the case you are right but things have changed
with the groupId changes.  Now when you build the apachds stuff its in a
separate groupId than from say the ASN1 stuff.  So maven will pull
dependendent group id jars down from the maven repository unless you
turn off online mode.

>Starting with Apacheds is definitely not the good solution, as it relies
>on many other classes. I think that you must start with shared, asn1 and
>network before compiling apacheds.

Again should work with recent groupId changes and ways in which deps are
managed now that we are out of incubator.  Try an update and build
again.  If not we can trouble shoot further.  I am curious what some of
the test reports say.

>I perfectly agree that it is not very friendly, and must be improved...

+1

Alex