directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [status] Been MIA for a while
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:36:07 GMT
Hello,

I read Enrique's email to the PMC list regarding my health situation.  I
thought I'd openly let you all know that I'm doing fine here now at
home.  I'm no longer in the hospital.

Just to get the curiosity out of the way I was hospitalized for 16 days
due to double pneumonia; meaning in both lungs.  It got really serious
where I spent all my time minus 2 days in the ICU.  Let's just say most
of the surface area of my lungs used for diffusing oxygen was under
water and my entire pulminary system was about to fail due to wierd
stuff with my body over reacting to the pathogen.  Luckily the doctors
figured out a way to fix things with some wicked drugs.  So I barely
avoided being on a full respirator.

I made it home a couple days ago and have been resting most of the
time.  I'm out of commission for about 3 months the doctors say.  I
wonder what that really means but I will take things seriously since
this whole experience scared the bejeezus out of me.  That's how bad
things have been.  I've been resting in bed trying not to exert myself
too much cuz it costs oxygen.  I should be beyond that in like a week or
two.  One good thing to know is that typing on my laptop from bed does
not cost much at all :).  So you'll still hear from me and I will be
among you helping drive things.  I just will not be doing it like a
madman up into the wee hours of the morning - at least for a few months ;).

Thanks for all your support and kind words while I was missing in action.

Alex