directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <erodrig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [mina] Removing dependencies on apache-asn1 and tl-netty2.
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:23:15 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It would be nice if we remove dependencies on apache-asn1 and
> tl-netty2 from MINA.  They are just a simplistic bridge between MINA
> and them.  We could just include them to apache-asn1 and tl-netty2 or
> create a tiny subproject.  I still don't know which the best way is.
>
> WDYT?

I think MINA is one of our lowest-level dependencies and it's looking to
get deployed wider than the Directory project, so it should be given
preference for being clean of dependencies.  I question if anyone is
using the Netty2 bridge.  Regarding the asn1-codec, I think adding a
MINA dep there is a safe bet since it makes sense that for any ASN1
protocols we do, they will sit on top of MINA.

-enrique