directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Walding <>
Subject apacheds-0.8 not binding to all interfaces
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 02:11:40 GMT
  I was wondering if there was a way to make apacheds-main (0.8) to bind
to all interfaces rather than just randomly picking one (something based
on hostnames as far as I can tell).

  eg. on my Windows XP box (JDK 1.5) it starts up ok
java -jar apacheds-0.8.jar
server: using default properties ...
server: started in 1906 milliseconds

 However then the server only listens on interface  I'd
prefer that it listened on every interface or was at least controllable
(I'm using it as a test ldap server, I'd rather set so my
tests don't change when I switch IP addresses)

 Running on Linux (SuSE 9.1, JDK 1.5) it starts up ok and was only
listening on  I managed to change the hosts file so that it
listened on the external IP address (it's a server on my local network -
I want it on the public IP now).

 my hosts file originally looked like localhost ldaphost
 to change binding to, I changed it to localhost ldaphost

Any thoughts?

View raw message