directory-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Wallace <rwall...@thewallacepack.net>
Subject [mina] session.write() in sessionOpened()
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:39:01 GMT
Hey guys,

I'm finally getting a chance to dig back into some of what I was working
on in early January with my little mail server.  I'm going through the
process of converting what I had over to MINA and it's looking pretty
cool.  I am having one problem tho.

When a mail client connects the first thing I need to do is send a
message basically saying, "Hello I'm here".  I figured the place to do
this would be in the ProtocolHandler.sessionOpened() implementation with
a simple session.write ("220 mydomain.com ESMTP Dropbox");  But when I
run it and connect via telnet it doesn't seem as tho the message is sent
to the client.  Is this the proper place to do this or is there
somewhere more appropriate to send an initial connection message?  Can I
send just a String or should I be putting it into a ByteBuffer first?

Thanks,
Rich