directory-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <mboorsht...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: GUI technologies
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:36:10 GMT
Oh, it's def a problem :-).  With the SQL Directory
Browser I got around it by offering webstart.  It's
really not a HUGE deal....i've seen ASF projects that
use commercial installers (though i don't know if it's
owned by ASF or not) and it's not really that hard to
get working (at OS I used to an ant build script to do
everything, and even now I use a vbs file on windows
to launch it).  I think it's more a question of native
l&f vs "branded" l&f (which i know is a holy war in
it's own rights :-) ).

The thing i would be more curious about is a
background loading thread.  it's pretty tough inside
of eclipse and i know SWT has some special rules
around multi-threading the interface...

Marc