directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [release] Finishing up on 0.9
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:14:42 GMT
On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 08:21 -0400, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Any thoughts on what we have left with getting the 0.9 release done?
>
> I see confirming doco is good and integrating the Kerberos server into
> the main.  The Kerberos server will need to be inactive but should be
> turned on using an environment parameter.
>
> Also as an aside I'm having the feeling that apacheds should really be
> called "core" for the core JNDI (LDAP namespace) backing store.  Also we
> might want to separate out the ServerContext factory from the main code
> which has deps on Kerberos and LDAP protocol providers.
>
> Alex

Here are some ideas :
 * clean docos and site are a must.
 * +1 for kerberos
 * +1 for apacheds -> core
 * +1 for the separation of ServerContext
 * having a root project.xml would be really cool
 * what about using external definitions (svn) in order to ease the
trunks checkout?
 * what about a bin directory in which we can have a apacheds.sh and
apacheds.bat that start the server?