directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Panicker <vino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Performance issues
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:48:11 GMT
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:13:23 +0900, Trustin Lee <trustin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Vinod,
>
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:50:21 +0530, Vinod Panicker <vinod.p@gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip/>
>
> > 3.  Client/Server CPU usage.  The number of connections per second
> > steadily keeps decreasing as the total connections increase.  Client &
> > Server both are at 100% CPU.  That is what is weird.  I'm aiming to
> > isolate the problem.  I'm currently a bit doubtful about the way the
> > Connector works, but wont be able to point out anything concrete until
> > more permutations & combinations are tried.
>
> Hmm, interesting.  This might be related with
> processIdleSessions(...).  Could you try to disable it?

Found notifyIdleSessions in SocketIoProcessor, which looks to me as a
killer.  Its traversing all the keys on the selector.  Huge
performance hit when number of connections are more.  Any other
approach available to obtain this functionality?  Will be trying with
this commented.  Should make a whole world of difference IMO.

Regards,
Vinod.