directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Panicker <vino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: List traffic
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:28:44 GMT
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:35:26 +1100, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> Vinod Panicker wrote:
>
> >Guys,
> >
> >I'm feeling that theres way too much traffic on this list. Becomes a
> >bit difficult to handle. Any plans on splitting the Dev, JIRA, GUMP
>
> This is unlikely. dev lists are high traffic by nature, so the whole
> team can keep well informed.

My basic issue were the jira and gump mails on the dev list, which
made me stress my eyes trying to pick out the non-automated mails :)

> I would suggest the only possible split would be to not send commit
> mails to dev and have to subscribe separately - but that is very unusual.
>
> >and support lists?
>
> do you mean users@directory.apache.org?

didnt know abt that.

> >Regards,
> >Vinod.

 -- snip --

anyways, i'm looking at it from the perspective of a person who is
interacting with the developers on tech issues... so in that case, i'm
already biased.

Regards,
Vinod.