directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Panicker <vino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Performance issues
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 04:59:03 GMT
Hi Trustin,

Thanks for the fix, checking it out now.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:03:29 +0900, Trustin Lee <trustin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Vinod,
>
> > It seems like the issue is in the Connector.  When I used a non-mina
> > based client running in a single thread to connect to the mina based
> > server, it works fine.
>
> I found a serious flaw that will degrade SocketConnector performance.
> I checked in the fix into trunk. Could you retry?
>
> > The server runs out of memory after a bit over 8000 connections.
>
> What was max heap size?  Does this mean we have to lessen MINA's
> memory consumption?

Actually rather than looking at it from that perspective, i'd look at
is as "how much memory should be consumed for maintaining a single
connected socket"

IMO, on a "standard" linux box, number of connected sockets supported
should be around 50K or even more.

> <snip/>
>
> Thanks,
> Trustin.