directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [gump] done with it
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:59:19 GMT
> I want CI but not gump.  I just don't get it man.  The moves we made
> last night to cleanup and finalize the svn repo broke a bunch of things
> naturally as I suspected.  I would have gone in and fixed it if I knew
> how.  Gump sounds like a nightmare.  I'd rather use some of the CI tools
> over at Codehaus.

"Gump *sounds* like a nightmare" without experience is akin to "the
Incubator *sounds* like a nightmare."  Or, "ApacheDS *sounds* like a
nightmare ..."  ;-)

GUMP is an ASF project, Continuum is a commercial product.  I'd suggest that
we find out what issue(s) are actually happening with GUMP, if any other
than updating locations.  Perhaps we just need some tools to help maintain
the GUMP descriptors.  Let's address that "if I knew how" part first, OK?
:-)

	--- Noel