directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brennan Stehling <offwh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm] separating JDK specific code
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:33:19 GMT
The only issue would be when the code references a 1.5 specific
namespace and class.  In this case we can make the build script a
little smarter.  I remember in the Jakarta DBCP build script it would
comment out lines of code depending on the version of the JDK
compiling the code.  It was automatic.

In the case of the DBCP it was commenting out added interface methods
which were added to 1.4.  That was the section of code which was
commented out.

Perhaps we can simply do the same.

Brennan

--