directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brennan Stehling <offwh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm] separating JDK specific code
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:50:16 GMT
If you isolate the 1.5 code to a Jar you can use a custom class loader
to load it dynamically and allow it to be included with the release.
And it could be enabled if the 1.5 environment is detected.

You can either do the class loading yourself or maybe use the Spring
Framework to handle the IoC.  I suppose the SSL in 1.5 support could
be loadable like a JDBC driver.  I could try prototyping that sort of
feature.  I know enough about class loading to be dangerous and post
the code to make it work.

Brennan

--
Brennan Stehling : http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/