directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brennan Stehling <offwh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do we want to jump to JDK 1.5 (was: Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project mina (in module mina) failed)
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 21:33:57 GMT
I feel that an initial setup without an upgrade requirement would be
helpful for anyone who is trying Apache DS for the first time.  It
will allow them to try it out without added work.

If they are trying it for use in a corporate environment they will
need to be able to set up a quick and dirty demo with their current
environment to show to the suits.  It does not have to be totally
secure if they are just using mock user accounts for testing and we
could stress that in the setup instructions.

Once they realize the benefits of Apache DS they will have reason to
do the upgrade to JRE 1.5.

Brennan

--
Brennan Stehling : http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/