directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brennan Stehling <offwh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: downloading from subversion
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:32:06 GMT
I believe the split method was added with JDK 1.4.  Your IDE/compiler
may be using 1.4 while the runtime is using 1.3.  Check your JAVA_HOME
and PATH settings.

Once code in 1.4 is compiled much of it could run in a 1.3 runtime
because the bytecode is backward compatible, but it cannot call
previously non-existent methods.  That may explain this behavior.  And
it should bomb on any reference to NIO which was also added with 1.4.

--
Brennan Stehling : http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/