directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brennan Stehling <offwh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: We are now a TLP guys!!! (FW: ASF Board Summary for February 23, 2005)
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:23:03 GMT
I wear a tie and like "Apache Tribe" but it may not be taken as
seriously like other Apache projects which have great names like
Cocoon, Struts and Lucene.  I think that "Apache Directory Server"
does explain exactly what it is but does not do much as a brand name.
It sounds little dull actually while many Apache projects have more
exciting names like Geronimo.

We should brainstorm on a good brand name which works well.

Here are my initial thoughts along the Tribes/Group concept found with
a thesaurus...

Apache Covey
Apache Progeny
Apache Clique
Apache Troupe

And they could be placed in the logo as...

Covey - The Apache Directory Server

- Brennan

--
Brennan Stehling : http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/