directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Tencé, Vincent" <vte...@optimuminformatique.com>
Subject RE: Contributions with @author tags revisited
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:17:16 GMT
<snip/>

> > At first I was against the removal of @author tags.  Now I
> totally agree
> > with it and appreciate the benefits.  However the benefits
> are not going
> > to emerge (doing away with personal code ownership) unless
> we all take
> > part in it as a community.  This includes committers, and
> contributors.

IMHO you said the important thing: only by acting as a community will we
succeed. With that kind of spirit, I don't think whether having @author tags
or not is that much relevant.

Some may feel like signing their work because they take pride in and enjoy
what they do. Or maybe they want to make what they do visible. Visibility as
all kinds of great side effects. Others may not feel like it.

I'm fine with both as long as we value the team more than the individuals.

-- Vincent