directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject [apacheds] A few questions.
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:14:05 GMT
I started to reading ApacheDS code, and I've got a few questions from
it.  Is there anyoine who can teach me? :)

Some Qs might be silly, but be patient with me!

1. What is the difference between user-provided DN and normalized DN?
1.1. Can I generate user-provided DN from normalized DN and vice versa?
2. What is a collective attribute?
3. Could you explain me what the constructor of AbstractContextPartition does?
4. If there are many context partitions with different backing stores,
what happens when we move entries between different partitions?  Do we
reassign entryIds (BigInteger) ?

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/