directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reformating while making changes to the code
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 03:55:09 GMT
You're right, and I'm also guilty for those confusions.  So I format
codes by hands these days although it is not really comfort. ;)

It would be nice if we can insert a unified reformatting procedure to
GUMP continuous integration.  But we'll have to find the best code
formatter that everyon can agree with before that.

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:11:44 -0500, Alex Karasulu <aok123@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Lately I've seen some comits go by that confused me.  I've looked inside
> to see what's up and people are formatting the code while making their
> changes.   Either that or they are committing code that has only
> reformatting in it.
>
> As a rule please do not make a critical change and decide to reformat at
> the same time.  It obfiscates what you do and I can't tell if you're
> changes are going to cause a problem or not.
>
> If you have to format the code do it in a separate checkin where the log
> clearly shows that the changes were specifically for reformating.
>
> Alex

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/