directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: We are now a TLP guys!!! (FW: ASF Board Summary for February 23, 2005)
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 01:26:06 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:46:45 -0500, Enrique Rodriguez
<erodriguez@apache.org> wrote:
> > I wrote the announcement based on the previous one.  Please read this
> > and tell me whatever needs improvement or is out of date. :)
>
> 1)  I would introduce the product name (ApacheDS), in the 2nd paragraph:
>
> "Our primary vision is to build an enterprise directory server platform
> (ApacheDS) ..."
>
> 2)  Spellcheck:
>     a)  annouces --> announces
>     b)  Fouindation --> Foundation
>
> 3)  SEDA is no longer in use anywhere, and even though this PR doesn't
> coincide with the 0.9 release, we should stop mentioning it.  Perhaps:
>
> * Powered by MINA, a powerful framework for building Internet protocol
> servers.

Oops, I've overwritten while copying and pasting! :)

Here's the modified version:

-------- BEGIN --------
Subject: The Apache Directory Project Exits Incubator

The Apache Directory team proudly announces the Apache Directory
project graduated incubation under the Apache Software Foundation
(ASF) according to the ASF Board Summary for February 23, 2005.

Our primary vision is to build an enterprise directory server platform
(Apache Directory Server) and its components where other Internet
services snap in to store their data within the directory so they may
be managed using LDAP. Those services include LDAP itself, DNS, DHCP,
SLP, UDDI, NTP, and most importantly Kerberos, which can integrate
with the services to provide full-featured network authentication
service.

Features of Apache Directory Server:

* Designed as an LDAP and X.500 experimentation platform.
* The server exposes all aspects of administration via a special system backend.
* Both the backend subsystem and the frontend are separable and
independently embeddable.
* Provides a server side JNDI LDAP provider which directly interacts
with the backend storage.