directory-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Wilcox <>
Subject Re: downloading from subversion
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 06:33:51 GMT

Yeah - I had originally downloaded the binary zip.

But um, there's like a lot of JAR files there (the README  says there
is only 1).

I made a guess:
java -jar apacheds-main-0.8.jar

and got:
server: using default properties ...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ServerContextFactory.mkdirs(ServerContext
        at org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ServerContextFactory.initialize(ServerCon
        at org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ServerContextFactory.getInitialContext(Se
        at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.ldap.server.ServerMain.main(

Now I assume it's a classpath thing. But before I go trying to figure
that out - does someone have the magic incantation already? Should I
just put all of the JAR into one JAR? Do I need any other libraries?

I'll be happy to help with answering these questions for later newbies :).

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:27:30 -0800, David Boreham <> wrote:
> > I know y'all are not necessarily ready for production - but I'd like
> > something small I could use for authentication demo purposes.
> Mark, if you don't need direct SVN access:
> The 0.8 release is available as jar files (and _some_ of the source too)
> here:
> You can also see the full source here:

View raw message