directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [apacheds] How to get an expected destination DN when entry is moved or renamed?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:24:19 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

><snip/>
>

>>It would be nice if I can get some code snippet, or we could modify
>>this kind of methods return a new normalized DN instead of void.

Having a little trouble understanding what you want to do here.  So some
method returns void but you want it to return a DN that is normalized
instead?  Why?  Which method?

>Or Invocation classes could provide a method that returns expected DN?

Now with the normalization interceptor at the front of the chain
practically all Name arguments will be normalized except for a couple of
special exceptions like add() which takes both the normalized name and
the user provided name.

Alex