directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [apacheds] How to get an expected destination DN when entry is moved or renamed?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:22:07 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

>Hi,
>
>This is LDAP general question.
>
>How can I get a normalized DN when I try to move an entry whose DN is
>'oldParent, A' to under new parent entry whose DN is 'newParent' and
>rename it to RN 'B'?  For example:

I just added a NormalizationService into a new normalization package
within the apacheds core code.  Take a look there and you'll see how it
does what it does.  Now with this interceptor all the arguments you need
are already normalized for you unless specifically stated not to be such
as the updn argument on one or two methods.

Everything should now be normalized for you.  Take a look at the
javadocs for methods that have Name args in the BackingStore,
ContextPartition or NexusPartition interfaces.  You'll see where the arg
is qualified as normalized.  HTH,
Alex