directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Update on MINA test
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:28:38 GMT
Vinod Panicker wrote:

>Also, does any one know what the latest sun jdk (1.5.0_02) uses as the
>impl for select() on linux?  Is it select(), poll() or epoll() ?

Apparently it is poll() for Linux. (I don't have the src for the _02 but
I guess they did not change that)

For Solaris there seems to be 2 implementations, one use /dev/poll (
sun.nio.ch.DevPollSelectorProvider ) and the other uses poll()
(sun.nio.ch.PollSelectorProvider) , the factory
(sun.nio.ch.DefaultSelectorProvider) is selecting the /dev/poll version
for os.version for y >= 7 (Solaris 7+ ?) when the os version is 'x.y'.

Note that you can use the system property
'java.nio.channels.spi.SelectorProvider=<classname>' to select the
provider or use the META-INF/services with the same key to select
another provider (you can do your own if you're motivated :o)