directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r159056 - in directory/shared/ldap/trunk/apache-provider/src/java/org/apache/ldap/common/berlib/asn1/decoder/search: AndRule.java OrRule.java
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:27:26 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Please excuse the sporadic changes ... I thought the patch broke
> something, then reverted, then found that stuff was broken before.
> For some reason things broke  with my changes but maven did not
> complain allowing me to deploy the jars without bombing on test
> cases.  I'll look into what's going on before acting quickly.

Found what was causing the problem.  Issues loading classes compiled
with JDK 1.5 in JDK 1.4.  Looks like some Jars I had as deps were
compiled under 1.5.  Well it made everything bomb.  I paniced and rolled
out Jacobs tests.  Then I tried again.  This was not the problem which
was obvious but I did not want to take chances.  After finding the JDK
based issue, deleting some locally cached jar files and having rolled
back to Jacob's patch all went through fine.

Alex