directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [release] Call for help to release apacheds 0.9 and mina 0.7
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:03:55 GMT
Vincent Tence wrote:

>Forgot to mention that Mina should probably replace ApSeda on the top
>navigation bar. WDYT?

Oh yeah.  I'm all for move it up as "the" newtork layer and getting rid
of everything else that takes away from its focus.

>On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 22:34 -0500, Vincent Tence wrote:
>

>>Main site:
>>==========

<snip/>

>>Yellow:
>>- We should consider getting rid of the Resources/sandbox link, which is
>>confusing IMHO

+1

>>- We still reference Avalon under Resources/Related Projects. Should we
>>remove that as well?

+1

>>Red:
>>The news page is terrible. The last entry is dated Feb 2004. Maybe a
>>quick note announcing the 0.9 release would be welcome

Let's just ax it unless someone is going to be diligent on it.  We never
have been.  It will get out of date again IMO.

<snip/>

>>All Others
>>==========
>>
>>Check your Source Repo links. They all point to incubator svn.

Yeah we should just write some mass sweeper to pick these up.

>>Shouldn't all subprojects have a News and Status page to reflect whats
>>going on? We could even aggregate news from subprojects on the main site
>>News page. WDYT?

Sure but that sounds like a big effort.  Again I'm all for it if we can
be diligent with the news - not letting it look like we're inactive.  I
recommend defering this to a later date after the 0.9 release.  Nothing
says we cannot do it in between releases.

<snip/>

Thanks for stepping up to the plate.

 -- Alex