directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [mina] deadlock
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:06:14 GMT
Trustin,

Even after those commits you made (presumably to fix the deadlock we
encountered before) there is a deadlock problem.  The test cases no
longer stop because it cannot shutdown.  Just try runing maven test on
the apacheds/core/trunk and you'll see what I mean.  Here's another
stack dump to look at:

ProtocolThreadPool-0@3da prio=5, in group "main", status: WAIT
      wait():-1, Object.java
      wait():474, Object.java
      waitForNewItem():61, BlockingSet.java
      fetchBuffer():341, ProtocolThreadPoolFilter.java
      run():317, ProtocolThreadPoolFilter.java

IoThreadPool-0@3db prio=5, in group "main", status: WAIT
      wait():-1, Object.java
      wait():474, Object.java
      waitForNewItem():61, BlockingSet.java
      fetchBuffer():371, IoThreadPoolFilter.java
      run():345, IoThreadPoolFilter.java

Signal Dispatcher@3dc daemon prio=10, in group "system", status: RUNNING

Finalizer@3dd daemon prio=8, in group "system", status: WAIT
      wait():-1, Object.java
      remove():116, ReferenceQueue.java
      remove():132, ReferenceQueue.java
      run():159, Finalizer.java

Reference Handler@3de daemon prio=10, in group "system", status: WAIT
      wait():-1, Object.java
      wait():474, Object.java
      run():116, Reference.java

main@1 prio=5, in group "main", status: WAIT
      wait():-1, Object.java
      wait():474, Object.java
      unbind():161, SocketAcceptor.java
      unbind():56, IoProtocolAcceptor.java
      unbind():99, SimpleServiceRegistry.java
      getInitialContext():92, ServerContextFactory.java
      getInitialContext():667, NamingManager.java
      getDefaultInitCtx():247, InitialContext.java
      init():223, InitialContext.java
      <init>():197, InitialContext.java
      tearDown():189, AbstractServerTest.java
      runBare():130, TestCase.java
      protect():106, TestResult.java
      runProtected():124, TestResult.java
      run():109, TestResult.java
      run():118, TestCase.java
      runTest():208, TestSuite.java
      run():203, TestSuite.java
      doRun():116, TestRunner.java
      doRun():57, IdeaJUnitAgent.java
      start():172, TestRunner.java
      startRunnerWithArgs():23, TextTestRunner2.java
      prepareStreamsAndStart():97, JUnitStarter.java
      main():31, JUnitStarter.java

Thanks man,
- Alex