directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [apacheds] New interceptor interface.
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 06:21:36 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>

>>I prefer Invocation - for some reason Call sounds strange.  Don't know
>>why yet - guess I'm used to having an invocation bean.  Can you put some
>>stuff together into a wiki or xdocs for this so I can see docos?  Like
>>workflow for people customizing an interceptor chain.
>>

>I renamed to invocation, and added detailed JavaDocs for invocation
>and invocation.interceptor packages.  I bet you'll like it. :)

This ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it - absolutely love it.  You really cleaned it up in there and
reduced the amount of code.  Thanks a lot.  This is a very elegant
application of patterns as well.  I learned from looking at your code.

I really like the fact that you differentiated the Invocation object for
each type Add, Delete, ... etc.  Also the fact that the NextInterceptor
is really a proxy managed by the InterceptorChain is a great application
of mini-IoC and it avoids serious nastiness in having interceptor
dependencies to chain them.

>>Cool I was meaning to do that at some point thanks.  BTW there's one
>>chain for everything. ... can you explain in docos the changes in
>>semantics now?
>>

>I didn't compare the current interceptor architecture with the
>previous one unfortunately.

No need to waste your time on the old nastiness - its not worth it.

<snip/>

Now there were a few minor things.

I removed @author tags with our names.  Let's avoid doing this and just
using
@author <a href="mailto:dev@directory.apache.org">Apache Directory
Project</a>.

Some methods, members and classes do not have jdoco.

Also some tests are failing ...

    [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ShutdownTest FAILED
    [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.RootDSETest FAILED
    [junit] [ERROR] TEST
org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.SimpleAuthenticationTest FAILED

Let's get these out of the way before we merge back into the trunk.

Great work,
Alex