directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [apacheds] New interceptor interface.
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 05:07:20 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I branched apacheds trunk and revamped interceptor architecture.  I
>hope you like it.
>
>* Replaced Invocation with Call and its subclasses which are more
>object-oriented

I prefer Invocation - for some reason Call sounds strange.  Don't know
why yet - guess I'm used to having an invocation bean.  Can you put some
stuff together into a wiki or xdocs for this so I can see docos?  Like
workflow for people customizing an interceptor chain.

>* Interceptor became much more like Servlet filters which is more user friendly.

Cool I'm excited and anxious to take a peek.

>* JndiProvider doesn't manage interceptor chains. (new InterceptorChain does)

Cool I was meaning to do that at some point thanks.  BTW there's one
chain for everything. ... can you explain in docos the changes in
semantics now?

>* JndiProvider doesn't control the flow of interceptors anymore.
>Interceptors themselves do via invocation chaining exactly like
>Servlet filters.
>
>For now, almost all test cases pass.  Failing tests are due to the bug
>shutdown is not properly performed, and therefore I can say that all
>tests pass. :)
>
>WDYT about new Interceptor?

Gimme a lil bit of time to take a look.

Thanks,