directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to deploy site?
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:09:00 GMT

Alex, those properties are for deploying JARs. site:deploy is still
using the exec'd ssh.

Vincent, you need to make sure you've previously ssh'd to the exact
hostname (www.apache.org, directory.apache.org, or minotaur.apache.org
as it may be) so that it is in known hosts. You can check that in
project.xml/properties.

Also, make sure you have the latest site plugin (1.6).

Finally, if you still have a problem - you are on windows, using a
recent version of cygwin that tends to hang when displaying output from
a remote host. The latest site plugin has a setting to change the tar
options to exclude the 'v' (ie, xf) which fix it.

HTH,
Brett

Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Vincent Tence wrote:
>
>> I am having trouble with site:deploy
>>
>> I issued a
>>
>> maven -Dmaven.username=vtence site:deploy
>>
>> and everything went fine until maven tries to ssh to minotaur. At that
>> point it tars, gzips and then delete the tar and gets stuck there.
>>
>> The ssh command might be stuck or waiting for input. It shouldn't though
>> since I use my private key to connect. When I do a
>> ssh minotaur
>> in the console, it doesn't prompt for input.
>>
>> Anyone can help?
>>

> Oooops make sure your build.properties in your home directory have like
password and or rsa/dsa key as well as other parameters like the group
etc...

> Alex
>
>> Thanks,
>> -- Vincent

>>> Take a look at the way apacheds trunk works. In here I usually do a
maven multiproject:site site:deploy. This deploys it to the staging area
in my home directory. You can find links to this area here
http://www.apache.org/~akarasulu/. If you like what you see you can just
do a maven site:publish to rsync it or press the deploy button in the
staging area site to push it to our main site.