directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: New to the list.
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:03:15 GMT
Tony Blanchard wrote:

> Hello to the list.

Welcome Tony!

> I am a french developper and would like to help on the ApacheDS if it
> is possible and compatible with my planning.
> As I have never worked on an open source project, and as I want to
> achieve correctly the things I bind to(is this correct ?), I would
> like just to know some basic things on it.
>
> For instance, how do you manage your work to achieve planned tasks on
> time ?

We use JIRA here:

http://issues.apache.org/jira

> Who dispacthes the tasks and how ?

Well there are project leads and they usually pick up tasks but others
come in to pick things up that have particular importance to them.

> Who chooses the persons who contribute and how does he/she see the
> technical level of the new contributer ?

Our PMC does as a community.  There is more information on this process
on the main Apache site here:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html

You might want to look at how people become committers on that page.

> I  have read the Apache pages on contribution but, maybe as English is
> not my  natural language, I did not find it very clear. For instance,
> I find the entire way of working is not clearly explained , what is
> the process, what are the tools ... Maybe I have missed something ...

Hmm so you read the material above?

> Thanks for your patience

Np.

    -- Alex