directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [gump] done with it
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:41:21 GMT
Hi all,

I want CI but not gump.  I just don't get it man.  The moves we made
last night to cleanup and finalize the svn repo broke a bunch of things
naturally as I suspected.  I would have gone in and fixed it if I knew
how.  Gump sounds like a nightmare.  I'd rather use some of the CI tools
over at Codehaus.

I've been playing with Continuum and its slick.  I want that instead of
gump.  Rather than drag Brett or others through the coals having them
follow our changes and modify gump I'd rather dump it and switch to
something better. Something that is more intuitive and easier to
manage.  CI should not put a considerable burden on us as it has been
doing as of late.

Brett could you lend a hand in getting us onto Continuum eventually?  If
you prefer that over dealing with gump I'm ready to go there.  I don't
think the other active committers will object. As for a place for
Continuum I can hook you up with a machine.

Alex