directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Reformating while making changes to the code
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:11:44 GMT
Lately I've seen some comits go by that confused me.  I've looked inside
to see what's up and people are formatting the code while making their
changes.   Either that or they are committing code that has only
reformatting in it.

As a rule please do not make a critical change and decide to reformat at
the same time.  It obfiscates what you do and I can't tell if you're
changes are going to cause a problem or not.

If you have to format the code do it in a separate checkin where the log
clearly shows that the changes were specifically for reformating.

Alex