directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <erodrig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Static factory method on TransportType
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 00:36:56 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 18:21:24 -0500, Enrique Rodriguez
> <erodriguez@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Trustin,
>>
>>MINA's TransportType could use a static factory method for returning the
>>TransportType based on a String coming from configuration.
>

> Do you want to extend MINA API and provide a new TransportType
> support?  If so, what is it?

Nothing new.  I was just suggested a convenience method for getting a
TransportType from a String:

TransportType.getInstance( "datagram" );

Alternatively, you could call these "udp" or "tcp".  Config is going to
come from Dictionary's, system Preferences, XML, or LDAP attributes.  In
each case it will be a String that needs to be converted to the
type-safe TransportType.

-enrique