directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert r. Sanders" <robert.sand...@ipov.net>
Subject Re: Configure (Eve) server from properties file.
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 02:01:40 GMT
Ok,

    I haven't read the book you note, but I just looked it up and will
think about buying it...  I have done a little JNDI in the past, but not
a huge amount.

    The code I am trying to write tests for is:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/acegisecurity/acegisecurity/sandbox/src/main/java/net/sf/acegisecurity/providers/dao/ldap/LdapPasswordAuthenticationDao.java?rev=1.4&view=log

The code's goal is to validate a username/password against an LDAP
server (via JNDI) and retrieve a list of roles associated with the
user.  Currently any testing is pretty dependent on a user/developer
having an already working LDAP server; my goal is to have a bunch of
server configurations which can be 'loaded' so I can see if my code
returns the expected results when run against the different
configurations - its more functional than unit testing, but if I can get
it to work it'll be a whole lot better than the way most such code is
tested.

--
    Robert r. Sanders
    Chief Technologist