directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Tence <vte...@videotron.ca>
Subject Re: How to deploy site?
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 04:56:47 GMT
On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 08:09 +1100, Brett Porter wrote:

> Alex, those properties are for deploying JARs. site:deploy is still
> using the exec'd ssh.
>
> Vincent, you need to make sure you've previously ssh'd to the exact
> hostname (www.apache.org, directory.apache.org, or minotaur.apache.org
> as it may be) so that it is in known hosts. You can check that in
> project.xml/properties.
>
> Also, make sure you have the latest site plugin (1.6).

I had 1.5.2

> Finally, if you still have a problem - you are on windows, using a
> recent version of cygwin that tends to hang when displaying output from
> a remote host. The latest site plugin has a setting to change the tar
> options to exclude the 'v' (ie, xf) which fix it.

Thanks. I had to set maven.site.tar.options to xUf for it to work.

> HTH,
> Brett

It did!

I did the site:publish and
checked /www/directory.apache.org/subprojects/authx, which has been
updated. When do I see the changes online? SO IIUC, there's no longer
any cvs checkout of the site from cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs as there was
before? Just checking to make sure the new content won't be overwritten
soon.

Thanks,
-- Vincent