Brett Porter wrote:

I didn't realise there were other branches out there :)

I made a few cleanups on the trunk yesterday - it might be worth porting
them across to any branches (sorry, I didn't keep the changeset number,
but it should be easy to find).

Is this needed?

Nope, not for what I need to move over.
- - Brett

I've been doing work slowly but surely towards this end. I created the

rewrite branch to start pulling stuff from your branch into it and
bringing in some of Emmanuel's ideas at the same time. I'd like to see
us all working on this new branch which we use to replace the trunk.

The beauty of our work is that much if it , IIUC, is orthogonal to each other.

Regards,
Alan