directory-dev mailing list archives

From David_Gel...@inventivedesigners.com
Subject [apacheds] Bind to localhost / 127.0.0.1
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:34:41 GMT
Hi,

I'm having some troubles connecting to the LDAP server I started (the
startup code is attached at the end).

When connecting to david (name of my computer) I can browse the server
(p.e. with LDAP Browser), but when
I try to connect to 127.0.0.1 or localhost, I get a 'connection failed'.

I also tried to connect with the MS telnet client, which gave me the same
results. Therefore I conclude it is a server
(configuration) problem.
Anybody an idea how to solve this problem?
A configuration entry I don't know?

Thanks!

David.

========= SERVER STARTUP CODE
Properties env = new Properties();

// Standard JNDI properties
env.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ou=system");
env.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ServerContextFactory");
env.setProperty(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "uid=admin,ou=system");
env.setProperty(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "secret");

env.setProperty(EnvKeys.WKDIR, store.getAbsolutePath());
env.setProperty(EnvKeys.DISABLE_ANONYMOUS, "true");
env.setProperty(EnvKeys.LDAP_PORT, String.valueOf(settings.fPort));
env.setProperty(EnvKeys.LDAPS_PORT, String.valueOf(settings.fSecurePort));

try
{
        //  Fire it up!
        InitialDirContext ctx = new InitialDirContext(env);
}
catch (NamingException e)
{
}