directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brennan Stehling <offwh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Philosophy of failing tests
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:46:34 GMT
With the test-driven development model you would write most of the
unit tests in the beginning of the project and as you pass more and
more tests you can track your progress.  I see the appeal to that
technique but implementing can be hard if not impossible with
unwritten code.  And it also messes up the build reports from the
automated builds.

That said, I suggest introducing new unit tests on a probation status
and link them to JIRA issues so the tests will be used to complete the
issue.  Once the test passes it should indicate the issues has been
completed.

That's my 2 cents.

--
Brennan Stehling : http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/