directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brennan Stehling <offwh...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven/Java 1.4.0 security issues
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 11:28:07 GMT
An interesting problem any Windows might have is the bad JAVA_HOME
settings.  When I started to try Apache DS I suddenly got a ton of
virus problems.  Today I am working on running many Maven compiles and
now that I have Norton AntiVirus installed I am seeing it is blocking
this Trojan virus.

It seems j2sdk1.4.0_01 has a security bug in it and when I did install
j2sdk1.4.2_04 the new JAVA_HOME and PATH settings were not changed
from the older version.  As I compiled it may have been opening a
security hole and letting stuff in.

So you may want to check that your environment variables are set
properly and also uninstall Java 1.4.0.

--
Brennan Stehling
 + http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/