directory-dev mailing list archives

From BERGER ROLAND <R.BER...@sbb.ch>
Subject [naming] links and federation
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
--- Erhalten von  SYSUEXT.UE05588 0512 20 49 56            28.02.05 10.29

Hi Phil

I didn't follow the discussion about links an federation for one month.
Can you give me a feedback if my suggestion will be incorporated into the
code base or if you have developed another solution?

Thank you
Roland

From: phil@steitz.com
To: directory-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:25:34 -0500
Subject: [naming] links and federation

As I prepared to commit Roland's patch to support resource links in the
XmlConfigurator, I realized that this was really just a special case of
federation.  I have written up some notes here
http://wiki.apache.org/directory/NamingHome
that present an option that will get us most of the benefit of
federation without adding much complexity or code.  I tried to include a
little background on how the tomcat-based context management works under
the covers so others can jump in a little more easily.

I would appreciate it if others could take a look and tear it up a bit /
offer better ideas on how to support Roland's use case as well as the
federation idea that Noel suggested.  Thanks!

Phil

  -> directory-dev@incubator.apache.org