directory-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [naming] links and federation
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:04:23 GMT
BERGER ROLAND wrote:
> --- Erhalten von  SYSUEXT.UE05588 0512 20 49 56            28.02.05 10.29
>
> Hi Phil
>
> I didn't follow the discussion about links an federation for one month.
> Can you give me a feedback if my suggestion will be incorporated into the
> code base or if you have developed another solution?
>
> Thank you
> Roland

Hi Roland,

The idea is being incorporated, but with a slightly different
implementation.  See http://wiki.apache.org/directory/NamingHome

I am now working on the jndi url support (nearly complete).  Then I was
planning to add links to the configurator and modify your TC->naming
translator to work with the syntax described on the Wiki page.

Sorry this has taken so long to complete.  Comments on the approach and
changes committed thus are welcome.

Phil