directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: We are now a TLP guys!!! (FW: ASF Board Summary for February 23, 2005)
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:31:38 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> --On Sunday, February 27, 2005 1:24 AM +0900 Trustin Lee
> <trustin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I want to anounce this to TheServerSide.com and SlashDot.  Would
>> announcing this kind of news (exiting incubation) to those sites be
>> appropriate?
>

> Sure.  However, I think you should want to wait until the
> directory.apache.org (or whatever) site is up and you have a proper
> home for people to learn more about the project.
>
> The point of any communications like this should be to increase
> participation or visibility - and, hence, I think it makes sense to
> hold off until everything is in place.
>
> BTW, congrats!  -- justin

Thanks Justin.  I'll start working with Noel on getting the site upto
directory.apache.org.  Meanwhile I guess we can begin composing it if
you like while running it by everyone on the list.  Then when the site
is ready we can decide to pull the trigger on posting it to TSS and to
slashdot.  So exciting!

Thanks,
Alex