directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: We are now a TLP guys!!! (FW: ASF Board Summary for February 23, 2005)
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:27:00 GMT
Tencé, Vincent wrote:

>Congrats to everybody for making this a reality and special kudos to Alex
>for all the hard work he put in and the good decisions he made.

Thanks much Vince for these kind words.

However I must come out and say that the good decisions you're crediting
me with were made through the assistance of our mentors.  Noel has been
there every step of the way coaching behind the scenes to help grow this
community.  He's done this privately and selflessly in an effort not to
interfere with the positive progression of this community.  It was
important for us to become autonomous.  It's easy to over look his
contributions.  We could not have made it without him.

Without the community there was no chance for this project.  It's all
the people like yourself that joined to collaborate, contribute and to
our users of naming and apacheds.  Without them we would not exist
anywhere but on sf.net as a 2-3 person project.  Thanks to these people
we are now a living breathing community.  This is the entire point to
the ASF and where it draws its strength.  Projects live here and have
staying power.   The code is the easy part.

As for myself and others I like to think of our roles as catalysts.  The
pleasure gained through watching this community grow was the greatest
reward.

Thanks,
Alex