directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject We are now a TLP guys!!! (FW: ASF Board Summary for February 23, 2005)
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:50:20 GMT
Peeples,

It's official! We are now a Apache TLP project.

Greg Stein wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>This email is to provide a quick summary of the Board's meeting yesterday.
>Official meeting minutes will be posted once they are reviewed and
>approved by the Board at a future meeting. In the meanwhile, this email
>serves to provide a basic heads-up summary of the Board's actions (which
>may affect you and what you do at the Foundation).
>
>In any case, it is pretty short:
>
>  * We established the Apache Directory Project. This project has been the
>    Incubator for a while, and has now graduated to its own top-level
>    project. Alex Karasulu is the new Vice President / PMC Chair.

<snip/>

Congratulations to everyone who has worked hard to make this project
what it is today.  I'm very proud of everyone and honored to be working
with such a personable and talented bunch of OS developers.

Now the really hard work is ahead of us.  The user community will
probably grow very rapidly once the word is out and we are setup at
http://directory.apache.org.  This is what we wanted so let's give them
a great set of products they can trust and depend on.

Cheers,
Alex Karasulu