directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Consolidate snickers projects into runtime and compiler
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:33:55 GMT

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

>Hi alan,
>
>Le samedi 19 février 2005 à 12:38 -0500, Alan D. Cabrera a écrit :
>

>>I have merged all the ASN1 code into a unified multi-project maven setup
>>in asn1/branches/ber-decoder.
>>

>I'm just a little bit reluctant about the name : Ber-decoder. As it
>includes a Der decoder, it would be better if named asn1-decoder or
>something ASN1 related.

This is just a branch name.  My proposal is to replace the setup in the
trunk w/ this setup.

>>I propose that we use this setup instead
>>of the project heirarchy that we have in trunk.  All the code is neatly
>>in the modules directory.
>>

>Is this a "must" thing to put all the projects under a module
>subdirectory? Does a separation between what is used to generate stubs
>and what is used by other projects (I mean, codecs) make sense?

This is a mixture of old modules and new modules .  I imagine that once
we're done, we would only have two modules compiler and runtime.

>>The maven site target now works correctly.
>>Finally, this setup paves the way for the ASN1 refactoring that has been
>>discussed on and off as of late.
>>

>hem, I was able to generate .project files for eclipse with the previous
>Maven & project.xml in trunk, not anymore in ber-decoder branches. That
>is not such a big deal, but it would be real cool if this feature still
>work !

I use IntelliJ and am not familiar w/ Eclipse.  Eclipse can read maven
and project files?

Regards,
Alan